Tuesday 12 June 2012

Greece v Czech Rep - Live Betting

The rules are simple.  I've put £10 in my online betting account (Paddy Power) and during the game I will placing a number of in play bets to try and make a profit.  I can only bet once the game kicks off and I can only use "In Play" markets.
If I run out of money it's game over and I can place bets of any amount as I'm going for a long as it doesn't take me past the initial £10 outlay.

1-10 Mins Amazing! I was hovering over the button to put £4 on the Czechs to score first....and then they did!  Admittedly it would only have got me £3 profit but it'd be a start.  Instead I've gone for a £1 on the Czechs scoring between 11 and 20 mins at 7-1 and ...man alive they've scored again after 5 minutes! Amazing start!  I put a quid on Rosicky to score the next goal at 14-1.
Can we calm down for a couple of mins please!

10 Mins  Greece look dire so I'm having 34 on another goal before ht. It's 4-7 so not a great money spinner but looks a decent shout.  I'm going to sit tight til 20 mins!  The Czechs are now just 6-4 to score 4+ goals and we're only ten mins in!  Or you can get 500-1 on the Greeks winning by 3 goals..I'm holding fire on that one.

20 Mins That's £1 lost, in truth the Czechs barely threatened in that 10 min slot.  I'm hoping they pick up soon or i'll be down to £4 left by half time! This time I'm just having a £3 cover bet on Greece not scoring in the first half at 2/7. Not a money spinner but they've hardly threatened so far.

30 Mins  Couple of attempts from Rosicky giving me a bit of hope.  The Czechs are 1-100 to be winning at ht!  I'm sitting tight til ht, Greece are awful so I should at least have a fiver to play with 2nd half.  If you fancy a complete turnaround in the 2nd half it's 33-1 on a Greek win.  They're no Turkey!

40 Mins Hmm, not looking good for a Czech second goal. They are easily the better side, but that's a pretty small boast.  Rosicky is having a decent game and getting forward well but has only come close to a goal once.

HT Not a great return, I've lost half of my tenner and my only win was a very small one on the Greeks not scoring.  In fact, that could have been worse, Greece had a goal disallowed for a very tight offside.  I'll be spending ht looking for a few hidden gems to get me back in profit.

My ht selections are more than 8 corners at 13-10 and Greece to score at 5-6.  £3 in total.
Also having a pound on Jiracek to score the 3rd goal at 20-1. He looks threatening coming forward.

Rosicky is subbed at half time! Just what I wanted!

55 Mins Goal for Greece, disaster for Petr Cech.  Did somebody mention Turkey? I win £1.86.
Still on just 3 corners! Things aren't going well..Time for an ale to cheer me up.  Lambs Gold from the Pen-lon Brewery if you're wondering!
£2.86 to play with....
I put £1.86 on a draw!  The Czechs are wobbling.

65 Mins  what was a thinking with my corner bet!? Terrible decision. I put my final pound on the Czech to score next at 15-8, sit back and wait.  I've got Arshavin as first goalscorer in game 2 at 11-1. don't hold your breath on that one.

75 Mins  Lambs Gold scores 5/10.  It's OK, but a bit reminiscent of a home-brew.
A draw for Greece would leave me just about even, anything else and it's a washout.

85 Mins Come on Greece!  In reality, they don't look likely.  It's not been a great second half, the Czechs have gone off the boil.

Full Time  And that was a perfect example of how not to partake in Live Betting! I really hope number was following live and copied me!
I'll be undertaking the odd exercise of writing a word a minute to describe the Poland - Russia game later.

No comments:

Post a Comment